- Internet > Hosts: This entry lists the number of Internet hosts available within a country. An Internet host is a computer connected directly to the Internet; normally an Internet Service Provider's (ISP) computer is a host. Internet users may use either a hard-wired terminal, at an institution with a mainframe computer connected directly to the Internet, or may connect remotely by way of a modem via telephone line, cable, or satellite to the Internet Service Provider's host computer. The number of hosts is one indicator of the extent of Internet connectivity.
- Internet > IP addresses per capita: Number of IPv4 internet address allocated per 1000 residents.
- Internet > Internet Service Providers: The number of Internet Service Providers within a country. An ISP is defined as a company that provides access to the Internet.
- Internet > Percent using internet: Percentage of individuals using the Internet.
- Internet > Users: This entry gives the number of users within a country that access the Internet. Statistics vary from country to country and may include users who access the Internet at least several times a week to those who access it only once within a period of several months.
- Newspapers > List of newspapers: List of newspapers.
- Radio > List of radio stations: List of radio stations.
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Telecommunications > Telephone > Fixed telephone lines: Fixed telephone lines.
- Telecommunications > Telephone > Main fixed phone lines per 100 people: Fixed-telephone subscriptions per 100 inhabitants.
- Telecommunications > Telephone > Mobile phone > Mobile-cellular telephone subscriptions: Mobile-cellular telephone subscriptions.
- Telephone system > General assessment: A brief characterization of the system with details on the domestic and international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa.
- Telephone system > International: A brief characterization of the system with details on international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa. Arabsat
- Telephones > Main lines in use: The total number of main telephone lines in use.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use.
- Television > List of TV stations: List of TV stations.
- Television broadcast stations: This entry gives the total number of separate broadcast stations plus any repeater stations.
- Televisions: The total number of televisions
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; http://www.iana.org/numbers; CIA World Factbook, December 2003; International Telecommunications Union. Source tables; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; International Telecommunications Union; International Telecommunications Union. Source tables