- Illicit drugs: Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.
- Prisoners: Total persons incarcerated
- Prisoners > Per capita: Data for 2003. Number of prisoners held per 100,000 population.
- Violent crime > Murder rate: Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population.
- Violent crime > Murders: Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population.
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention); International Centre for Prison Studies - World Prison Brief; Wikipedia: List of United States extradition treaties; United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Source tables