DEFINITION: Estimated number of years of life while healthy, as defined by the OECD. Estimates for 2001. See source for details.
|Group of 7 countries (G7) average (profile)||70.46 years||2001|
|13||New Zealand||70.3 years||2001|
|High income OECD countries average (profile)||69.81 years||2001|
|20||United Kingdom||69.6 years||2001|
|22||United States||67.6 years||2001|
|24||Czech Republic||66.6 years||2001|
Interesting observations about Health > Life expectancy > Healthy years
- Japan ranked first for life expectancy > healthy years amongst High income OECD countries in 2001.
- United States ranked last for life expectancy > healthy years amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 2001.
- France ranked first for life expectancy > healthy years amongst NATO countries in 2001.
- Sweden ranked first for life expectancy > healthy years amongst European Union in 2001.
- 11 of the top 12 countries by life expectancy > healthy years are Christian.
- 21 of the bottom 25 countries by life expectancy > healthy years are European.
- Turkey ranked last for life expectancy > healthy years amongst Non-religious countries in 2001.
- Italy ranked third for life expectancy > healthy years amongst Eurozone in 2001.
- Australia ranked first for life expectancy > healthy years amongst English speaking countries in 2001.
- Switzerland ranked first for life expectancy > healthy years amongst Cold countries in 2001.