- Birth rate: The average annual number of births during a year per 1,000 persons in the population at midyear; also known as crude birth rate. The birth rate is usually the dominant factor in determining the rate of population growth. It depends on both the level of fertility and the age structure of the population.
- Cities > Urban population: Total population living in urban areas. The defition of an urban area differs for each country. Future estimates are from the UN Population Division.
- Death rate: The average annual number of deaths during a year per 1,000 population at midyear; also known as crude death rate. The death rate, while only a rough indicator of the mortality situation in a country, accurately indicates the current mortality impact on population growth. This indicator is significantly affected by age distribution, and most countries will eventually show a rise in the overall death rate, in spite of continued decline in mortality at all ages, as declining fertility results in an aging population.
- Ethnic groups: This entry provides a rank ordering of ethnic groups starting with the largest and normally includes the percent of total population.
- Nationality > Adjective: This entry is derived from People > Nationality, which provides the identifying terms for citizens - noun and adjective.
- Nationality > Noun: The noun which identifies citizens of the nation
- Population: Population, total refers to the total population.
- Population > CIA Factbook: This entry gives an estimate from the US Bureau of the Census based on statistics from population censuses, vital statistics registration systems, or sample surveys pertaining to the recent past and on assumptions about future trends. The total population presents one overall measure of the potential impact of the country on the world and within its region. Note: starting with the 1993 Factbook, demographic estimates for some countries (mostly African) have explicitly taken into account the effects of the growing impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. These countries are currently: The Bahamas, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Population growth rate: The average annual percent change in the population, resulting from a surplus (or deficit) of births over deaths and the balance of migrants entering and leaving a country. The rate may be positive or negative. The growth rate is a factor in determining how great a burden would be imposed on a country by the changing needs of its people for infrastructure (e.g., schools, hospitals, housing, roads), resources (e.g., food, water, electricity), and jobs. Rapid population growth can be seen as threatening by neighboring countries.
- Population in 2015: (Thousands) Medium-variant projections.
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; United Nations Population Division. Source tables; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat, World Population Prospects: The 2004 Revision and World Urbanization Prospects: http://esa.un.org/unpp
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats, NationMaster." 2003-2015. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People>.
'Pitcairn Islands People Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People> [assessed 2003-2015]
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 2003-2015. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People>.
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 2003-2015.
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People (assessed 2003-2015)
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People (last visited 2003-2015)
"Pitcairn Islands People Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Pitcairn-Islands/People (as of 2003-2015)