- First human settlement > Date: Date or period of the first known or suspected human settlement within each geographic location listed. For further descriptions, please refer to notes.
- First human settlement > Notes: Description of the first known or suspected human settlement within each geographic location listed. For the date or period of the described settlement, please refer to the according date stat.
- First human settlement > Place: Location of the first known or suspected human settlement in each country.
- Full name: Full names (translated to english) of the United Nations member states, as of 2014. For a list of full names in the respective original languages of each country, check this link.
- Independence day date: Date.
- Land border length: The length of each country's land border. Islands are listed as having a 0.0 km.
- Length of border with Brazil: Length in kilometers of each country's border with Brazil. Brazil has borders with ten different countries, totalling 16,885 kilometres (10,492 mi). That puts it in the 3rd place in the countries with the longest international land borders.
- Named after person: After whom each country and dependent territory was named.
- National anthems: National anthem.
- National identity card: Description.
- Neighboring countries and territories: The countries and territories neighboring each country. "L" means they share only a land border and "M" means they have only maritime boundaries. A blank means they share both.
- Number of maritime boundary neighbours: Number of states and territories with which each country shares a maritime border. Two countries separated from each other by a body of water have a maritime border with each other.
- Overview: A geopolitical overview of every sovereign country in the world, briefly examining their recent history and place on the global stage. The texts are taken from the BBC News website.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries and islands by first human settlement (The list); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states; Wikipedia: List of national independence days (List); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land borders (Land borders) (Note: land border lengths will vary depending on the scale by which they are measured, and therefore these figures without a source accompanied by an explanation of how they were measured and at what scale makes comparisons impossible; for more information see coastline paradox .); CIA World Factbook: Brazil; Wikipedia: List of countries named after people (Dependent territories named after people); Wikipedia: List of national anthems (Anthems of United Nations member states) ("List of Member States" . United Nations . Retrieved 2011-07-21 .); Wikipedia: List of national identity card policies by country (Countries with compulsory identity cards) (EU Directive 2004/38/EC); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land and maritime borders; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014