- Currency: The national medium of exchange and its basic sub-unit.
- Exports > Commodities: This entry provides a listing of the highest-valued exported products; it sometimes includes the percent of total dollar value.
- Fiscal year: The beginning and ending months for a country's accounting period of 12 months, which often is the calendar year but which may begin in any month. All yearly references are for the calendar year (CY) unless indicated as a noncalendar fiscal year (FY).
- GDP > Real growth rate: GDP growth on an annual basis adjusted for inflation and expressed as a percent.
- Industries: A rank ordering of industries starting with the largest by value of annual output.
- Unemployment rate: This entry contains the percent of the labor force that is without jobs. Substantial underemployment might be noted.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands ranked 21 places from the bottom for GDP > real growth rate amongst Hot countries in 2003.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands ranked #5 for unemployment rate globally in 2000.