The son of former king Norodom Sihanouk, King Sihamoni was sworn in as monarch on 29 October 2004. The former king abdicated because of poor health.
Born in 1953, he studied in Czechoslovakia. He left Cambodia for France after the fall of the Khmer Rouge in 1979. He is a trained classical ballet dancer.
Cambodia's kings once enjoyed a semi-divine status; today, the monarch's role is mainly ceremonial.
- Head of state: Government > Leaders > Head of state
- Head of state > Summary: Government > Leaders > Head of state > Summary
- Prime minister: Government > Leaders > Prime minister
- Prime minister > Profile: Government > Leaders > Prime minister > Profile
- Prime minister > Summary: Government > Leaders > Prime minister > Summary