- Countries named after legendary figures: Countries named after legendary figures and deities.
- Independence day date: Date.
- Land border length: The length of each country's land border. Islands are listed as having a 0.0 km.
- Length of border with Russia: Length in kilometers of each country's border with Russia. China, which has a border with Russia of 3,645 km, is not included. Russia has international borders with 16 countries, and a total land border of 20,241 kilometres (12,577 mi), making it the second-longest one of any country in the world.
- Named after legend: The legendary figure after which each country was named.
- National anthems: National anthem.
- National identity card: Description.
- Neighboring countries and territories: The countries and territories neighboring each country. "L" means they share only a land border and "M" means they have only maritime boundaries. A blank means they share both.
- Number of maritime boundary neighbours: Number of states and territories with which each country shares a maritime border. Two countries separated from each other by a body of water have a maritime border with each other.
- Overview: A geopolitical overview of every sovereign country in the world, briefly examining their recent history and place on the global stage. The texts are taken from the BBC News website.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries named after people (Countries named after legendary figures); Wikipedia: List of national independence days (List); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land borders (Land borders) (Note: land border lengths will vary depending on the scale by which they are measured, and therefore these figures without a source accompanied by an explanation of how they were measured and at what scale makes comparisons impossible; for more information see coastline paradox .); CIA World Factbook: Russia; Wikipedia: List of national anthems (Anthems of United Nations member states) ("List of Member States" . United Nations . Retrieved 2011-07-21 .); Wikipedia: List of national identity card policies by country (Countries with compulsory identity cards) (EU Directive 2004/38/EC); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land and maritime borders; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014