DEFINITION: Agricultural land (sq. km). Agricultural land refers to the share of land area that is arable, under permanent crops, and under permanent pastures. Arable land includes land defined by the FAO as land under temporary crops (double-cropped areas are counted once), temporary meadows for mowing or for pasture, land under market or kitchen gardens, and land temporarily fallow. Land abandoned as a result of shifting cultivation is excluded. Land under permanent crops is land cultivated with crops that occupy the land for long periods and need not be replanted after each harvest, such as cocoa, coffee, and rubber. This category includes land under flowering shrubs, fruit trees, nut trees, and vines, but excludes land under trees grown for wood or timber. Permanent pasture is land used for five or more years for forage, including natural and cultivated crops.
|1||France||290,900 sq. km||2011|
|2||Spain||275,342.5 sq. km||2011|
|3||Botswana||258,610 sq. km||2011|
|4||Greece||81,520 sq. km||2011|
|5||Hungary||53,370 sq. km||2011|
|6||Ireland||45,550 sq. km||2011|
|7||Austria||28,690 sq. km||2011|
|8||Denmark||26,900 sq. km||2011|
|9||Iceland||15,910 sq. km||2011|
|10||Switzerland||15,229 sq. km||2011|
|11||Croatia||13,261 sq. km||2011|
|12||Estonia||9,450 sq. km||2011|
|13||Montenegro||5,120 sq. km||2011|
|14||United Arab Emirates||3,973 sq. km||2011|
|15||Luxembourg||1,310 sq. km||2011|
|16||Cyprus||1,185 sq. km||2011|
|17||Qatar||660 sq. km||2011|
|18||Dominica||260 sq. km||2011|
|19||Andorra||203 sq. km||2011|
|20||Guam||180 sq. km||2011|
|=21||Barbados||150 sq. km||2011|
|=21||The Bahamas||150 sq. km||2011|
|=23||Saint Lucia||110 sq. km||2011|
|=23||Grenada||110 sq. km||2011|
|25||Malta||103 sq. km||2011|
|26||Antigua and Barbuda||90 sq. km||2011|
|27||Bahrain||83.6 sq. km||2011|
|28||Maldives||70 sq. km||2011|
|29||Liechtenstein||65 sq. km||2011|
|30||Saint Kitts and Nevis||60 sq. km||2011|
|31||Palau||50 sq. km||2011|
|=32||Seychelles||30 sq. km||2011|
|=32||Northern Mariana Islands||30 sq. km||2011|
|34||Cayman Islands||27 sq. km||2011|
|35||Aruba||20 sq. km||2011|
|=36||San Marino||10 sq. km||2011|
|=36||Turks and Caicos Islands||10 sq. km||2011|
|38||Bermuda||7.4 sq. km||2011|
|39||Singapore||7.3 sq. km||2011|
Interesting observations about Agriculture > Agricultural land > Sq. km
- United States ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Christian countries in 2011.
- China has had the highest agricultural land > sq. km since 1985.
- Australia ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Hot countries in 2011.
- Russia ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Europe in 2011.
- Brazil ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Catholic countries in 2011.
- Kazakhstan ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Muslim countries in 2011.
- France ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst European Union in 2011.
- Sudan ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Sub-Saharan Africa in 2011.
- Canada ranked first for agricultural land > sq. km amongst NATO countries in 2011.
- India ranked third for agricultural land > sq. km amongst Former British colonies in 2011.