- Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Comparative to US places: This entry provides an area comparison based on total area equivalents. Most entities are compared with the entire US or one of the 50 states based on area measurements (1990 revised) provided by the US Bureau of the Census. The smaller entities are compared with Washington, DC (178 sq km, 69 sq mi) or The Mall in Washington, DC (0.59 sq km, 0.23 sq mi, 146 acres).
- Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Land > Per capita: Total land area in square kilometres Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Note: This entry includes three subfields. Total area is the sum of all land and water areas delimited by international boundaries and/or coastlines. Land area is the aggregate of all surfaces delimited by international boundaries and/or coastlines, excluding inland water bodies (lakes, reservoirs, rivers). Water area is the sum of the surfaces of all inland water bodies, such as lakes, reservoirs, or rivers, as delimited by international boundaries and/or coastlines.
- Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Total > Per capita: Total area in square kilometers Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.