- Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Comparative to US places: This entry provides an area comparison based on total area equivalents. Most entities are compared with the entire US or one of the 50 states based on area measurements (1990 revised) provided by the US Bureau of the Census. The smaller entities are compared with Washington, DC (178 sq km, 69 sq mi) or The Mall in Washington, DC (0.59 sq km, 0.23 sq mi, 146 acres).
- Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Water: Total water area in square kilometers