DEFINITION: This entry gives the dollar value for the stock of all financial assets that are available to the central monetary authority for use in meeting a country's balance of payments needs as of the end-date of the period specified. This category includes not only foreign currency and gold, but also a country's holdings of Special Drawing Rights in the International Monetary Fund, and its reserve position in the Fund. Figures expressed per capita for the same year.
Interesting observations about Economy > Reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita
- All of the top 3 countries by reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita are Hot countries.
- Singapore has had the highest reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita since 2003.
- 62 of the top 107 countries by reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita are Christian.
- Eritrea has ranked last for reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita since 2005.
- Hong Kong has ranked in the top 2 for reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita since 2003.
- Norway has ranked in the top 3 for reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita since 2004.
- 24 of the bottom 30 countries by reserves of foreign exchange and gold per capita are Sub-Saharan African.