DEFINITION: Physicians are defined as graduates of any facility or school of medicine who are working in the country in any medical field (practice, teaching, research).
|1||Cuba||5.91 per 1,000 people||2002|
|2||Uruguay||3.65 per 1,000 people||2002|
|3||Argentina||3.01 per 1,000 people||1998|
|4||Venezuela||1.94 per 1,000 people||2001|
|5||Dominican Republic||1.88 per 1,000 people||2000|
|=6||Mexico||1.5 per 1,000 people||2003|
|=6||Panama||1.5 per 1,000 people||2000|
|8||Ecuador||1.48 per 1,000 people||2000|
|9||Colombia||1.35 per 1,000 people||2002|
|10||Costa Rica||1.32 per 1,000 people||2000|
|11||El Salvador||1.24 per 1,000 people||2002|
|12||Bolivia||1.22 per 1,000 people||2001|
|13||Peru||1.17 per 1,000 people||1999|
|14||Philippines||1.16 per 1,000 people||2002|
|15||Paraguay||1.11 per 1,000 people||2002|
|16||Chile||1.09 per 1,000 people||2003|
|17||Guatemala||0.9 per 1,000 people||1999|
|18||Honduras||0.57 per 1,000 people||2000|
|19||Nicaragua||0.37 per 1,000 people||2003|
|20||Equatorial Guinea||0.3 per 1,000 people||2004|
Interesting observations about Health > Physicians > Per 1,000 people
- 32 of the top 41 countries by physicians > per 1,000 people are European.
- 28 of the top 49 countries by physicians > per 1,000 people are Cold countries'.
- Cuba has ranked in the top 2 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 1995.
- Belarus has ranked in the top 3 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 1996.
- Italy has ranked in the top 3 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 2001.
- 18 of the top 40 countries by physicians > per 1,000 people are NATO.
- Azerbaijan ranked first for physicians > per 1,000 people amongst Non-religious countries in 2003.
- Russia ranked first for physicians > per 1,000 people amongst Emerging markets in 2003.
- Georgia has ranked in the top 4 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 2000.
- Turkey ranked last for physicians > per 1,000 people amongst Potential Future EU Members in 2005.