DEFINITION: Physicians are defined as graduates of any facility or school of medicine who are working in the country in any medical field (practice, teaching, research).
|1||Russia||4.25 per 1,000 people||2003|
|2||Lithuania||3.97 per 1,000 people||2003|
|3||Bulgaria||3.56 per 1,000 people||2003|
|4||Hungary||3.2 per 1,000 people||2003|
|5||Estonia||3.16 per 1,000 people||2001|
|=6||Latvia||3.01 per 1,000 people||2003|
|=6||Argentina||3.01 per 1,000 people||1998|
|8||Ukraine||2.95 per 1,000 people||2003|
|9||Poland||2.5 per 1,000 people||2003|
|10||Brazil||2.06 per 1,000 people||2001|
|11||Venezuela||1.94 per 1,000 people||2001|
|12||Romania||1.9 per 1,000 people||2003|
|13||China||1.51 per 1,000 people||2005|
|14||Mexico||1.5 per 1,000 people||2003|
|15||Colombia||1.35 per 1,000 people||2002|
|16||Turkey||1.3 per 1,000 people||2005|
|17||Peru||1.17 per 1,000 people||1999|
|18||Philippines||1.16 per 1,000 people||2002|
|19||Chile||1.09 per 1,000 people||2003|
|20||South Africa||0.77 per 1,000 people||2004|
|21||Pakistan||0.74 per 1,000 people||2004|
|22||Malaysia||0.7 per 1,000 people||2000|
|23||India||0.6 per 1,000 people||2004|
|24||Thailand||0.37 per 1,000 people||2000|
|25||Indonesia||0.13 per 1,000 people||2003|
Interesting observations about Health > Physicians > Per 1,000 people
- 32 of the top 41 countries by physicians > per 1,000 people are European.
- 28 of the top 49 countries by physicians > per 1,000 people are Cold countries'.
- Cuba has ranked in the top 2 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 1995.
- Belarus has ranked in the top 3 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 1996.
- Italy has ranked in the top 3 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 2001.
- 18 of the top 40 countries by physicians > per 1,000 people are NATO.
- Azerbaijan ranked first for physicians > per 1,000 people amongst Non-religious countries in 2003.
- Russia ranked first for physicians > per 1,000 people amongst Emerging markets in 2003.
- Georgia has ranked in the top 4 for physicians > per 1,000 people since 2000.
- Turkey ranked last for physicians > per 1,000 people amongst Potential Future EU Members in 2005.